A DISTANT MIND

Welcome to my page! Thanks for stopping by! =)

ABOUT ME

Don't bother asking, because I won't tell.

MISCELLANEOUS

"The key to wisdom is this -- constant and frequent questioning ... for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth."
-Peter Abelard

NOW PLAYING


-- UNDER CONSTRUCTION --

ARCHIVES

August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007

PREVIOUS POSTS

Saying Bye to Halo 3
Six Years and Three Days
A Handbook for Car Drivers
Blogging

LAYOUT INFO

[ Fonts (c) DF]
[ Base Image (c) DA]
[ More @ A]
[ Layout designed by fern*]

Friday, September 28, 2007

ICE CREAM!

A couple weeks ago I had an argument with my best friend about which ice cream was better: Dairy Queen’s Oreo Brownie Earthquake or this Wrestling ice cream bar sold by the ice cream man. I like Dairy Queen’s Oreo Brownie Earthquake because it has vanilla ice cream, marshmallows, two slices of chocolate brownies, Oreo cookies, chocolate fudge, and whip cream. It is very fulfilling! On the other hand, my best friend prefers to what is called a Wrestling bar. I never heard of that ice cream before. She told me it was a vanilla ice cream bar with a cookie on one side and chocolate on the other. Even though the ice cream sounds simple to me, she insisted, “It is really good!”

My best friend told me the Wrestling bar is hard to find. She use to buy it in grocery stores or by the ice cream man but now they stopped selling it. Since her birthday was approaching, I figured the Wrestling bar would make an excellent birthday gift.

While figuring out where to begin my search for the Wrestling bar, I was curious how it had tasted. I thought about the cookie on one side of it that the more I thought about it, the more I began to crave for it as well! Since I like eating cookies, especially with ice cream, I needed to try the Wrestling bar. However, the only information I found about the Wrestling bar on the Internet was that it was sold by the ice cream man. I figured that if my best friend could not buy it from the ice cream man, then I would not too. But, it would not hurt to give it a try.

When I was driving home from school, I realized an ice cream truck was in front of me. I wondered if he sold the Wrestling bar. While I followed him, he began to pull into a park and I wondered if I should do the same thing. However, I was not sure if I had enough cash on me to buy ice cream that I decided to try next time.

When I arrived home, I checked my wallet and to my surprise I did have enough cash. I should have followed him. Luckily, a few minutes later, a familiar song was playing outside. The ice cream man! I grabbed my wallet and stopped the ice cream man that was down the street.

When I was looking at the pictures of his ice cream selection, I was already convinced he did not have it. I continued looking for it and there it was. I bought two Wrestling bars, one for me and the other for my best friend.

As she had claimed, the Wrestling bar was in fact delicious! It made sense to me why she had been trying so hard to find it. I am glad she introduced me to it.

Although I agree with her that the Wrestling bar is delicious, it disappoints me that it is not sold in stores. The Wrestling Bar has made me wait for the ice cream man outside of my house almost everyday now. Today, I have waited more than five hours without a sign from him. I feel like I am a five-year-old child who waits impatiently outside for the ice cream man to pass by. I have become so much like a five-year-old child that when I do not hear the ice cream man, such as today, I want to cry!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A Wrestling bar
[image taken from http://www.jumpinjesters.com/Ice%20Cream%20Pictures/WWF%20Ice%20Cream%20Bar.bmp]



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Dairy Queen's Oreo Brownie Earthquake
[image taken from http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/eats-and-treats/menu/treats/banana-split/]