A DISTANT MIND

Welcome to my page! Thanks for stopping by! =)

ABOUT ME

Don't bother asking, because I won't tell.

MISCELLANEOUS

"The key to wisdom is this -- constant and frequent questioning ... for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth."
-Peter Abelard

NOW PLAYING


-- UNDER CONSTRUCTION --

ARCHIVES

August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007

PREVIOUS POSTS

Why I Hate Winter
"Here birdie, birdie!"
Reflecting on American Pleasures
The Real Monsters of Halloween
ICE CREAM!
Saying Bye to Halo 3
Six Years and Three Days
A Handbook for Car Drivers
Blogging

LAYOUT INFO

[ Fonts (c) DF]
[ Base Image (c) DA]
[ More @ A]
[ Layout designed by fern*]

Friday, November 9, 2007

Internet Shopping

There are many reasons I prefer to shop online rather than in the store. First of all, shopping online is more convenient. Online stores carry an array of merchandise in an organized fashion. On a store’s website, clothes can be categorized by sweaters, pants, jackets or long sleeve shirts. However, in the store, the store associates mix-match the clothes and put them all around the store. It is harder to see what kind of selections the store carries. I also find myself constantly walking around the store while carrying a handful of clothes in order to compare what clothes I like best.

Shopping online for my size is easier to find than in the store. Since I am a size small, the chances of finding my size in the store are relatively slim. Usually, the clothes that do come in my size are those that are not my style.

Although shopping in the store helps me to feel the quality of the clothes, I do not like a store when it is messy. Untidiness is one of my pet peeves. I appreciate the employees’ efforts of walking around the store, continuously refolding clothes and neatly placing them back on the tables. Each time an associate properly fixes the clothes, a few minutes later the clothes are usually thrown back on the floor or on another table by a customer.

When a store offers a “one day” sale or puts a lot of its merchandise on clearance, that is the worse time to shop. A store becomes packed with customers making it difficult to walk around the store and shop. The only things that are noticeable in a store during that time are customers pushing and shoving other customers around, and throwing clothes all over the place. No matter how cheap clothes can cost on those particular days, I still do not prefer to buy clothes that have been on the floor and stepped on! In my opinion, shopping online is more convenient because I do not have to deal with mess, pushy customers, and my clothes and size are easier to find.

I will admit that there is a drawback to shopping online because there is a shipping and handling fee. Sometimes, shipping and handling fees can become very expensive. However, I think it is worth to pay the extra cost because my size is available, the clothes come in good condition, and most all, there is no waiting in line!